Shawn H. Gundrum
- Graduated from Schuylkill Valley High School in 1994. Served as the Class President in 9th-11th Grade and Student Council President in 12th Grade.
- Enlisted in the US Army in 1994 and attended the Defense Language Institute (DLI) to learn the Tagalog language. Graduated 1st in Class and served as a Voice Interceptor in Hawaii.
- Selected for the United State Military Academy Preparatory School (USMAPS) and graduated in the top 10% of the class.
- Graduated from the United States Military Academy Class of 2001 with a B.S. in Environmental Engineering. Commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Armor Branch and assigned to 3-69 Armor Battalion in the 3rd Infantry Division.
- Served as a Tank Platoon Leader in Operation Iraqi Freedom and awarded a Bronze Star with Valor Device for heroism in the face of the enemy.
- Achieved the rank of Captain in 2004. Received an Honorable Discharge in 2006 after sustaining a serious neck injury in combat.
- Earned a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from The College of William and Mary in 2010.
- Became the youngest Executive Vice-President and Chief Operations Officer (COO) in company history at CALIBRE Systems, Inc., a Washington DC-area consulting and information technology services firm.