Mervin F. Moyer
- 1952 Graduate of Ontelaunee Vocational School
- Married to Mary E. Miller. They had one daughter, Lavina, and two grandchildren, Tony and Kristy Sacco.
- Trained as a butcher in Toledo, Ohio and worked as a butcher at Scheck’s Store. Purchased the Kern’s Butcher Shop in West Leesport and operated it for 10 years. Also processed deer for local hunters in his garage.
- Worked for the Schuylkill Valley School District as a custodian for 20 years, occasionally teaching Home Economics classes about butchering chicken and beef
- Active member of the Lee Sport Hunting Lodge, Leesport Area Historical Society and the Shartlesville Fire Company and Beneficial Association.
- Devoted to Leesport and Berks County history. Served the community as part of the History Book Committee for the Leesport Sesquicentennial Celebration in 1990.
- Considered by many to be the unofficial Historian of Leesport
- Avid collector of antiques including horse drawn equipment that he would restore to their original working condition.
- Before and after his death in 2014, part of Mr. Moyers antique collection was donated to the Leesport Area Historical Society including a horse-drawn market wagon, horse-drawn sleigh, a picture of George Washington, debris from a train crash in Leesport and furniture from the West Leesport School.