- 1966 Honors Graduate of Schuylkill Valley High School
- 1970 Graduate of Haverford College with BS in Biology earning Outstanding Wrestler and Senior Athlete Awards. 1970 MAC Athletic Conference place winner.
- 1978 Graduate of Stanford University Medical School with a MA in Physical Therapy
- Clinical Assistant Professor and a founding faculty member of the Physical Therapy Program at Thomas Jefferson University
- Practiced Physical Therapy in San Francisco and Philadelphia for nearly 40 years while serving in official positions in several local, national, and international professional organizations;
- Gained recognition by the APTA in the first group of Orthopedic Specialists; lecturing and writing over 15 book chapters and papers on the treatment of spinal, persistent, and neuropathic pain.
- While at Schuylkill Valley, became the first SVHS wrestler to win a varsity match;
- 1966 Berks Sectional Champion, District 3 Semi-finalist, Co-captain of team that won both the Sectional and Berks Team Championships
- Coached for over 40 years on the club, high school, junior college and college levels in the Philadelphia area.