- Attended the Ontelaunee Grange School until 11th grade when she was forced to quit school to take care of her younger siblings.
- Began working for the Schuylkill Valley School District in 1946 working part time in the Elementary School Cafeteria.
- Was appointed Supervisor of Food Services and Head Cook for the High School in 1961.
- Worked in the Schuylkill Valley School District Food Service Department for 50 years, only missing work for two (2) half days during her entire career.
- In 1995, received an Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s House of Representatives for 50 years of faithful service to the District
- Very active in the Bern Township PTA’s annual “Country Fair” fundraiser. Annually used over 60 pounds of ground beef to make hamburgers for the Fair and prepared a full course dinner meal which was served throughout the day.
- Embodied a positive outlook, dedication to her job, and love for children. Was often quoted as saying about Schuylkill Valley, “This is my home. This is my life.”