Robert A. “Bob” Jones
- Long-time teacher and Social Studies Department Chair at Schuylkill Valley who also served as Junior Class Advisor, Student Council Advisor, and avid supporter of all SV activities.
- “Voice of the Panthers” for SV football for over 40 years. Established the Frost Bowl to celebrate the rivalry between SV and Hamburg.
- Announcer, Timer & Scorekeeper for SV Wrestling from the first home match in school history until the last match of the 2014-2015 season. He was the Assistant Tournament Director for all of the 20 Sectional wrestling tournaments held at SV.
- Strong community leader who was a member of the Leesport Zoning Hearing Board and the Borough Sewer Authority, serving as chairman for 19 years. Was also a long-time Judge of Elections.
- One of three founders of the Leesport Lock House Foundation, working tirelessly to ensure that the Lock House would be preserved and added to the historical registry.
- Submitted the application for Leesport to become a Bicentennial Community in 1976 and served as the celebration Co-Chairman. He was also Co-Chairman of the Leesport Sesquicentennial Celebration.
- Active member in his Lutheran faith, serving in many capacities including President of Trinity Lutheran Church Council and Trinity Joint Council.
- Lifetime member of the Penn State Alumni Association, member of the Nittany Lion Club, and Gold Leaf Member of the Berks County Interscholastic Athletic Association.
- Proudly served in the United States Army.