Sherwood "Woody" Goldberg
- Dickinson College (B.A.); University of Pennsylvania (M.A.); Temple University School of Law (J.D.)
- U.S. Army Colonel; Vietnam War Veteran; Combat Infantryman’s Badge;Legion of Merit, Meritorious Serve Medal; 7 Bronze Stars- 2 for Valor, 5 for Commendation; 3 Army commendation Medals, Ranger Tab and Parachutists Wings.
- Assistant Professor for International Relations and Comparative Politics in the Department of Social Sciences for the U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to General Alexander Haigh, 59th US Secretary of State for 30 years.
- Led diplomatic efforts focused on NATO, the Soviet Union, Middle East Peace, US-Asia and US-Latin America relations, the Holy See, efforts to thwart international terrorism and avert the U.K-Argentina Way, crisis management in the White House on the day President Reagan was shot.
- Personal ongoing efforst to strengthen the U.S-China relationship through engagements across the full spectrum o human endeavors including military-military, cultural and educational exchanges and relationships with the leaders of the People’s Republic of China.
- SV High School Student Council President; “Vallette’ 59” Editor; Soccer and Basketball player; Class Salutatorian of 1959