Dr. Stephen Longenecker
- While in high school served as Student Council President and participated in Panthers-on-Parade, Band and Wrestling
- During high school and college, swam, worked, coached and managed at the Bern Township Lion’s Club Swimming Association
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Albright College, followed by Temple University School of Medicine, Orthopedic Residency at Temple, and Fellowship in Joint Replacement at New England Baptist Hospital, Boston.
- Married Lisa (Scornavachi) in 1994. Blessed with children Stephen, Andrew and Mary; daughter-in-laws Rebecca and Maggie, and Granddaughter Eva.
- Baptized and confirmed at Christ Church, Glenside. Member of Atonement Lutheran Church having served as Council President.
- While on the Board of Directors, Co-organized the Berks County Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation’s Arthritis Walk for more than 10 years.
- Medical Director and part of the leadership team that developed Berks County’s first and only JCAHO certified Joint Care Center at Reading Hospital
- Part of a team that “restores lives” through treating arthritis and the orthopedic injuries of many friends, alumni and residents of the community he has lived in for more than 50 years.